Building on the very positive critical response to 2016’s Boston Biennial 4, The Biennial Project is excited to announce that Boston Biennial 5 will be unveiled in the Spring of 2018. Check out the reviews of BB4 here.
Boston Biennial 5 will be juried by the internationally feared artists of The Biennial Project, who will pick prizewinners in the categories of 1) photography, 2) painting/drawing, 3) sculpture, 4) installation, 5) video, 6) performance, 7) mixed media/collage and 8) other.
Reasons To Enter:
- All accepted work will be shown in digital galleries on The Biennial Project website.
- Selected work promoted on Biennial Project Blog postings reaching over 40,000 subscribers.
- Many received entries are highlighted on our social media and in our blog.
- A large screen digital presentation of all accepted work will be shown at Atlantic Works Gallery in April 2018 as part of The Biennial Project’s Manifest Destiny exhibition.
- The pieces chosen by the jurors as first prizewinners from these categories (as well as one piece to be chosen for a Special Juror’s Prize by a celebrity juror to be announced) will be shown physically in the gallery in this show as well.
We know (from hard experience) that artists just love to wait until the last possible moment to respond to calls for entry. But there are great reasons to break from this time-honored tradition and enter the Boston Biennial 5 early.
You will have a much better chance of having your work promoted as part of the publicity for Boston Biennial 5. We feature an entry of the day every day during the entire entry period – sending a chosen image out on Facebook to our following of 4000 people- and linking to the entrant’s website or facebook page. Additionally, we send out Entry Sampler Email Blasts several times during the lead up to the contest, highlighting some of the most interesting work that we have received. Near the end of the entry period we are swamped with the number of replies, whereas at the beginning is much slower – greatly increasing your chances of being included in one of these publicity vehicles. Not to mention that your image could be selected to appear on a postcard or a poster for Boston Biennial 5!
So while we don’t guarantee you instant fame and fortune, you do get a heck of a lot of lot of promotion work for your buck (only $25 for 3 entries). ENTER NOW, we can’t wait to see your work! So enter now! See the impressive entries from our latest contests. Do it!