An open call has been issued for artists to apply for the next edition of Jerwood/Photoworks Awards. A collaboration between Jerwood Charitable Foundation and Photoworks (supported by Official Print Partner Spectrum Photographic), the award was launched in 2015 to encourage experimental and new approaches to using photography as a medium by supporting photographers and artists using photography in developing their practice. Previous awardees were are Joanna Piotrowska, Matthew Finn, Tereza Zelenkova, Alejandra Carles Tolra, Sam Laughlin and Lua Ribeira.
The awards are open to arts practitioners using photography who are within 10 years of establishing their practice. There is no age limitation and no requirement for formal education or qualifications. There are no application fees. Applicants have the alternative of submitting a video or audio proposal, and funding is available to help those facing additional barriers to take up the opportunity.
Two Awardees will each receive:
– £10,000 to support the making of new work
– access to an additional production fund of £5,000
– high-profile mentoring from an international panel of experts for at least 12 months
– a two-person exhibition in London as part of the Jerwood Visual Arts programme at Jerwood Space (from January 2020)
– a subsequent UK joint exhibition tour
The deadline for applications is 5 November 2018, 5pm