Deadline: November 25th, 2018
RÝMD is accepting applications from all students of the Iceland Academy of the Arts and abroad. You may apply to either the main gallery or the satellite video space which is in the Fine Arts building at the Iceland Academy of the Arts and we accept solo, group and curatorial proposals. Exhibitions in the main space typically run for 1-2 weekends, and satellite space exhibitions run for 1-4 weeks. Applications that challenge this are also encouraged. RÝMD functions as an experimental and collaborative space to pursue projects that may not to be realized otherwise, so we favour new and recent work that has not yet been exhibited extensively.
RÝMD’s main space is approximately 120m² and the ceiling height is 3.5m. There are both plaster and concrete walls, and large windows facing out towards the street. Most of the floor is covered in red and yellow tiles. Our main space is located at Völvufell 13-21 in Breiðholt.
RÝMD’s satellite space focuses on single channel video and media-based work. It’s located in the fine arts building of the Iceland Academy of the Arts (Laugarnesvegur 91).
Please include in your submission:
– A completed form as a PDF.
– Short project proposal (250-500 words): Let us know what you intend to exhibit!
– Visual support and image list: Maximum 10 photos and/or working sketches and up to 10 minutes total of sound/video support. Please send links to sound/video.
* Applications may be written in English and/or Icelandic.
* This open call is for programming from April 2019 – June 2019 (potentially into the summer as well depending on interest and volume of applications)
* Please note that artists who are exhibiting in the main space must be present and are responsible for installing, sitting and taking down their work.
* Unfortunately, RÝMD cannot cover travel and shipping costs, but we are happy to assist with a letter of support should you apply for travel funding from your school/country.
* Please send a single email with all files as PDFs and/or .jpegs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as “RÝMD Open Call – Spring/Summer 2019” BY MIDNIGHT ON SUNDAY THE 25th OF NOVEMBER.
Ask us anything at email@example.com!