Skaftfell, Center for Visual Art in East Iceland, is seeking to appoint a focused, independent and driven director.
Skaftfell has the essential role of presenting, discoursing and encouraging the development of contemporary art in East Iceland. Its activities are based on an exhibition and event program, alongside an international residency program and outreach program. The team consists of three employees on an annual basis and one summer employee.
The director is responsible for the day-to-day operation.
Main tasks include:
- Financial management matters, oversee contracts and general administration.
- Art strategic development and planning, alongside fund-raising.
- Producing visual art exhibitions and events, educational based projects and residencies.
- Collaboration with local cultural centers, schools and other initiatives that work within arts and culture.
- Participation in international collaboration projects.
- General PR for the center as a whole and individual projects.
- Management and house keeping of the real estate at Austurvegur 42.
Basic qualifications: good general knowledge of the local and international art scene, experience in cultural management, knowledge and experience in working in the cultural environment, excellent social, leader and organizational skills.
The position can equally suit men and women.
Salary is according to the Icelandic Confederation of University Graduates.
The applicant would preferably start Oct 1, 2018.
Deadline for applications is August 20.
Apply via email: admin(a)skaftfell.is
If you have any queries please contact Tinna Guðmundsdóttir, current director, tel. 00354 472 1632 or email skaftfell(a)skaftfell.is