For part of its 2018 program, UKS is inviting both local and international artists to apply for solo exhibitions at the institution’s newly renovated and expanded venue in central Oslo.
Artists are invited to submit material on the basis of their practice. All applicants are thus explicitly encouraged to describe and depict existing works and methodologies, instead of developing a specific or applied project in advance of being selected. UKS wishes for the selected artists to enter into a collaboration with the organization on the grounds of their ongoing production, aiming at molding the institution to the artistic process and its potential material sidetracking or conceptual surprises – not vice versa.
To be able to give the singular artistic practice the best economic and curatorial support, UKS is focusing its program on solo exhibitions. Applicable artistic practices are understood as a singular artist’s work as well as the work of artistic duos and groups working collectively.
HOW TO APPLY
Application deadline is 15 August 2017 at 2pm (Oslo time).
To apply, please click here.
Everyone is invited to apply for this part of UKS’ 2018 program; the call is not restricted to Norwegian citizens or UKS members.
UKS’ Open Call will be judged by the UKS jury, which consists of UKS’ director together with the UKS board.
The application must include:
• A short introduction to the artistic practice, max. 4000 characters (insert this under: Synopsis)
• Portfolio including max. 20 images (UKS requests interested artists to submit a portfolio that shows the breadth of their work while also pointing to the direction taken over recent years.)
• Please note that UKS’ online application form is somewhat outdated and the website is currently being reconfigured. Meanwhile we ask everyone for their patience and recommend that applicants save their material externally before submission.
• It is strongly suggested for everyone to submit their material in good time in case of any technical problems.
• Please note that the individual file size of the uploaded documents cannot exceed 6MB.
• Please note that beyond a small pop-up window appearing to confirm your submission, you will unfortunately not receive an email confirming that UKS has received your material after you’ve clicked ‘send’.
• Artists accepted will, as by UKS’ standards, receive a production budget as well as an exhibition fee.
• Questions regarding the application process should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. UKS is closed throughout July, hence questions will be answered after 2 August.