“Earth Homing: Reinventing Turf Houses” is looking for 3 motivated and responsible interns from July – September 2018.
The exhibition project aims to redefine our posthuman relationship with the earth as a conceptual and material construction. What can be learned by revisiting this form of architecture which dominated all of Icelandic architectural history until its eradication less than 100 years ago? The exhibition takes place at Laekningaminjasafn next to the Medical and Healthcare Museum Nesstofa on the island of Grótta from 8th August until the 5th September, 2018. The project asks how we can contribute to a new ecological definition of ‘home’? Parallel to the exhibition a series of talks will further investigate future implications of how artistic and architectural production can redefine national identity and cultural value.
1. Production and Programming
1.07. – 8.08. / 5. – 9.09.2018:
– artist production assistance
– installation / deinstallation assistance – organization of talks
2. Two Invigilators
8.08. – 5.09.2018 (3 days a week / 6 hours a day): – manage the exhibition space
– communicate with visitors
– creative skills
– resourceful for finding solutions – passion for art
– social, communicative
– highly organized
– can work independently
“Earth Homing” can offer:
– an exciting opportunity to work with contemporary artists and academics – a learning experience
– an occasion for you to contribute to a new project
The interns will be paid a honorarium.
Please send your cv and letter of motivation to Annabelle von Girsewald (email@example.com) by April 19, 2018.