The Icelandic Art Center awards travel grants to Icelandic or Iceland based visual artists. Mobility grants are for travel, accommodation and related costs. The grants are awarded for exhibitions, projects and residences abroad.
- Artists must have Icelandic citizenship or must have been residents in Iceland for at least five years.
- Artists must have exhibited professionally before.
- Artists must have a confirmed offer for the project from an art institution, art space, gallery or publisher.
- Applications may be submitted by the artists themselves, or, on their behalf, by professional curators, organisers or art administrators who wish to exhibit the artists’ work.
- The project has to take place in the same year as the application year.
- Short CV
- Purpose of trip
- Project description
- Letter of invite
Selection is made on the basis of the applicant’s proposal, portfolio and CV. The criteria are as follows:
- The presumed quality and the impact of the project on the international art scene.
- The presumed quality of the exhibition and the exhibition space/residency
- Importance of the project
Successful applicants are asked to provide the Center with information on the project to present on IAC´s website.
Deadlines for applications are:
1. January for the period of January – April
1. May for the period of May – August
1. September for the period of September – December